Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Hull Side Paint Complete

I got the boat hull all primed and prepped for painting, and started looking into the cost of painting it myself. It was going to be a lot in materials, and then I still would probably waste a lot of material learning. I decided I have put enough time and effort into this thing to get it finished right. There is a guy that I see at the coffee shop in Hampstead who owns Mirror Image, Inc. His name is Shawn Fuchs and he specializes in auto painting and repairs. So, I talked to him about the boat one morning, and he felt good about being able to do it. Shawn was completely rigged up to help me, as he has a trailer with all of his gear so he was able to paint the boat right where it was in the garage. He did a hell of a job, and was very meticulous. Here are the results.






No comments:

Post a Comment