Thursday, January 6, 2011

Inside Glassed

On the last day of the 2010 year, the inside of the hull was glassed. Beau and a friend of his from ECU helped me out with it. It was a little stressful, and we exchanged some curse words and insults while we worked this time.

December 31st was one of the only moderately warm days we had in December (average temps in the day were in the low 40s, and it was getting down to the twenties at night), and so we really wanted to get it glassed on this warm day. However, I was low enough on epoxy to where we were all really wondering if there would be enough to finish the job. Really, the hardener was the real issue. The week before I pulled a fillet that didn't kick because of the low temperature, and because I used a medium curing epoxy. This time, to be certain, we only wanted to use fast cure. It was close, but we did have enough, and got it well saturated so that the peel ply wet out nicely. All's well that ends well I guess.


I also got most of the stringers and bulkheads cut out, and am glassing them now.


No comments:

Post a Comment